Montevista Hospital offers several levels of care to meet the needs of our community for children, adolescents, adults and seniors. These programs are structured and designed to support those who are struggling with a mental health challenge in their life.
Family Mental Health – Montevista Hospital
If you are the family member or friend of someone who you believe may need behavioral health support, you are not alone. Every day our team fields phone calls from relatives and friends who are concerned about a loved one in their life. It is important to know all you have to do is pick up the phone and call us directly for help and direction. Many times people looking for help for someone in their life believe they need to have a formal referral. This is just not the case. If you believe you need help—please call us today. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are also open on major holidays too.
Sometimes asking for help and recognizing it is time to ask for help is often the most difficult first step. We are here to help you with this important action in changing and improving life.
If you are a family member or friend of someone who may need help, consider the following approaches:
- Explain to the person your reason for concern in a caring manner while staying calm.
- Offer options. If the person does not want help today, ask if they would like to go next week or next month.
- Be available to help support them. Offer to take them for the assessment or ask if they would like you to be present during the assessment.
- Offer alternatives to our services. If the person is not interested in our services, maybe there is another environment where they would feel more comfortable initially.
- If none of the above is an option at this time, consider joining a support group locally of family members who work to support the loved ones in their lives struggling with mental health challenges.